2015/09/15

Book review: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People + The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness

From principles of personal development to the true fulfilment

  • Author: Stephen R. Covey
  • Ranking: I think the whole menkind should read this
It is a long time since I read a book that would have had such a great impact on me. I literally think that everybody should read both of the books. And mainly - people should start living according to the principles suggested in these books. I believe people would be more happy with their lifes.
The first boot (7 Habits) introduces some basic principles. Something like decalogue, if you will. While everybody might find these principles of life the correct ones, only a bunch of people around me actually live them. The book is full of deep experience and practical cases. I did not find any dull or boring parts and read it really quick. Stephen Covey (the author, 1932-2012) did a great pre-search of literature on this topic and do not hesitate to introduce even an opposite opinion.
The second book (8th Habit) concentrates on how to get to another level of effectiveness and happy living - to the greatness and on spreading this to your surrounding. The author admits that he was wrong when he believed the 7 habits are enough. The 8th Habit actually is not a single habit but a more complex approach on how to build trust and be the one who is worth following by others.
I did not read this book that quick as the first one and found some parts not that cool but it is also a recommended reading for everybody by me.
The next on my reading list by Stephen Covey is: Principle-Centered Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment

. .